No. Gap cover fills the shortfall between what is covered by your current medical aid, and the actual amount being charged by your medical practitioner for in-hospital procedures, depending on cover chosen.
Viva Cover is the appointed claims administrator. Claims must be reported to Viva Cover within 30 (thirty) days after the occurrence of the Insured Event by either emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 0860 109 529.
The following documentation has to be provided to Viva Cover when submitting a claim:
- Completed official claim form (available upon request);
- Certified copy of the Policyholder's South African identity document;
- Certified copy of the Insured Life's South African identity document (in the case where the Policyholder was not the patient);
- Certified copy of Hospital account;
- Certified copy of Registered Medical Professional’s account;
- Certified copy of detailed Medical Scheme statement.
This depends on the plan you choose. Family plans cover eligible dependents, whilst Single plans cover individuals only.
Gapcare assists you in eliminating in-hospital shortfalls. It covers the gap between what is paid by your medical aid and the actual amount being charged by a medical practitioner for in-hospital procedures, depending on cover chosen.
Gapcare is underwritten by Guardrisk Insurance Company Limited who is an authorised Financial Services Provider (FSP Number: 75) and a registered short-term insurer.
What matters to you is important to us. We are an authorised Financial Services Provider and adhere to the FAIS General Code of Conduct. We would appreciate your feedback to ensure we provide you with excellent service.